POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Digging ditches - rotation : Digging ditches - rotation Server Time
6 Sep 2024 23:19:34 EDT (-0400)
  Digging ditches - rotation
From: Mark Hanford
Date: 29 Mar 2002 06:35:43
Message: <3ca4518f@news.povray.org>
I am getting myself deeper and deeper into a hole, most likely just because
I can't see the wood for the trees.

I have an object created at the origin and oriented along the x-axis (an
arrow, actually).
What I want to do is rotate the arrow to point in a particular direction, as
specified by a vector.

So for a vector of <3,3,0>, the rotation should be <0,0,45>

I appologise in advance if this an RTFM issue, but I'm stumped :(

--

Mark Hanford
http://www.mrhanford.com/povray